Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pirated Music

I was unhappy to discover that songs on my music playlist were disappearing.  My friends' music from Morningstar was no longer available at all.  This was alarming to me, so I did some research into Playlist.com.  Apparently, lots of the tracks on there are pirated, and there has possibly been some legal action against the company.  I guess I should have done my research first-- it was never quite clear so I shouldn't have used it. (They give you links to the source for each track, but I don't like to risk clicking on unknown links; they were putting the responsibility on the consumers, who of course, are just not going to pay attention.)  Well, sorry about that.  I knew better.  I have deleted the playlists from my blogs and have deleted my Playlist account. I would much rather pay for licensing than infringe on others rights, and I hope I can find a reliable and legal source for online play.  I still enjoy Pandora in spite of the fact you're never quite sure what will show up on your station.  At least it's legal.

No comments: