Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Wonder Why, Even When I Know

I wonder why people are so often drawn to darkness rather than light.

I wonder why people would rather read and commiserate with someone else's pain and unforgiveness with no answers, than read the hope-filled testimony of someone who has found forgiveness and healing in God and offers the same to them.

I wonder why Christians have taken to writing horror novels, supposedly in the "Christian" genre.  I wonder why Christians read them, comparing them to Stephen King, and think it's OK. 

I wonder why people choose fear over faith, even when they call themselves people of faith.

I wonder why people choose art with no meaning, or art with a dark meaning rather than art with life in it.

I wonder why people choose to serve dead gods rather than the living Christ.

I wonder why people trust themselves when they can't trust anyone else or God.

I wonder why I sometimes do things that don't fit who I am.

I wonder, even though I already know.

1 comment:

Cy Bur said...

Your 'wonderings' are shared by many of us...great post.