Thursday, February 12, 2009

Art for Art's Sake

Recently, I had a discussion with a friend about letting art speak for itself. As "they" say, "a picture's worth a thousand words". Being a writer, I suppose I took that as a challenge to write at least a thousand words about my artwork, but I suppose that could also be taken to mean, "shut up and let the art talk".

By now I guess you know that I seem to always start new blogs. In reality, I have only divided up what I have been doing over the past two years on Flickr, and in my original 360 blog. The work was so varied that I began to think it would be better to separate it all, and to give people the choice as to what they would look at or read. So here is ArteZoe, with another blog.

I've created a new blog page "Spirit Eyes", as what I have called my "Daily Gallery". I am putting up a new artwork every day (hopefully). There will always be only one entry: it is gone the next day, no archiving, for a fresh experience.

In an attempt to show my art without distraction (Flickr has comments and groups, "The Path of Love" is definitely wordy), there will be no words, except the title and copyright notices.

So now you have a choice to see my featured piece in relative "peace and quiet". At the bottom of the page is the art in large form. Enjoy!

No comments: