Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This Is Where You Can Find All My Stuff (an Update)

I created this page to provide people with one location to find everything I do online, with links to everything. So it may look like there's nothing really happening here, but hopefully, it's where you can easily connect to all my places. I'm still working on making everything link together. As I don't have my own website at present, it's the best I can do. I hope I've made this useful and functional. Please let me know if there's a problem, or you have a suggestion as to how I can make it better.
*
Occasionally, I expand my blog(s), or add a site to my ongoing activities. I think I will start giving little updates here, just to help you know what I have available. For instance, I recently started networking on Facebook. That's been a fun experience, as I have reconnected with old friends, even people that live in my own geographical area. I've also started a new YouTube channel, which will progress very slowly, I assure you, but where you will be able to check out my new music videos as they as created. So far, I only have one up. It's one of my favourite songs I've written, "See Into Me", that we recorded in our studio, with a slideshow of some of my older artwork. Not bad for a scratch recording and a first attempt at video!
*
I have also divided my blogs on Blogger once again, creating a new poetry blog: "Words Like Grapes". The funny poems will still show up on "The Elephant Dropped In For Tea", but as unfortunately I don't write many funny ones, most of my poetry will be on "Grapes".
*
"Fireberries" here on Blogger is my Biblical studies blog. I don't post a lot, because I want to make it count, and honestly, each one takes 2 to four hours (or more) to write. These are usually quite meaty, and you have to be willing to read and study along with me. I will try to add some shorter devotionals there, like what I've been trying to post on Multiply.
"Fireberries" on Yahoo! 360 still seems to be getting the most views, unless the counter lies, but I have difficulty uploading there, so I'm trying to steer away from posting there. I don't want to shut any doors that are still open, though.
*
"The Path of Love" here on Blogger, is the place I have set up to discuss my symbolic and prophetic art pieces. I was posting poetry there too, but I decided to add the blog I discussed above. This blog was inspired (and was the original blog I started here) by Jesus explaining His parables to His disciples. I don't consider anyone my disciples, however, as I sometimes speak in parables, I think it only right to follow His example and explain to those who want to hear: basically those who are His disciples, or who would like to be.
*
"The Zoe Zine" and "artezoekins" have been slow to get going, but it's mostly because I started them right before the holidays. I hope to get them more active and lots of wonderful things for you to check out. This is where I can get others involved, and not just myself. I hope you will read Elizabeth Taylor's short story that I recently posted. It's really awesome!
Flickr is still the place I've had the most action and where I've made the most contacts. I've been spending time away from there temporarily to try and get the other places more connected and functioning better, not to mention do some stuff in the 3D world.
*
Although to some it may seem like I'm just being egotistical, my motivation for doing all this is to allow my light to shine, as the Lord commanded us. The only reason I can be creative at all is because He is creative, and He lives in me. When I allow Him to fill me, then there's lots of overflow. This is what I like to share with whoever wants to receive, because then they can receive some living water. I have tried to channel it into places where the most people can easily find it. It's not really me you're connecting to, it's the Spirit of God flowing through a willing vessel. Even though some of my work is "secular" on the surface, you will always find His life and light in it if you will look, and if you will place it in the context of the total body of my creative output.
*
Thanks for dropping by and for taking the time to read this. All the links are right there, on the right side of the page. Please let me know if you find mistakes or bad links. I really appreciate it!
*
Karen

No comments: