Monday, May 17, 2010

Cool Presentation and The Next Overused Word

I'm quite impressed by the video "news" presentation called "Who Knew?"
http://whoknew.news.yahoo.com/?vid=19847128

The visuals are cute and interesting, and the information is creatively presented. Whoever writes these does a great job! I like the humorous approach and also how historical backgrounds and connections between things are referenced. I've learned things every time I watch it. Informative and entertaining.

But I'm really getting tired of the word "gaffe"! Wow, I've seen it on the internet every day for weeks. Is this just Yahoo!News, or is everybody in America caught up in catching the latest "blunder", "oops" & "trip-up" of anyone in the public eye? This is an attitude I want to avoid like the plague. Pride comes before a fall, and I don't want to be the next one to wear the "wrong" outfit in public and have a candid shot of me posted on Flickr ;)

P.S. Perhaps we can blame the creators of Wallace and Grommit, "The Wrong Trousers" for the fashion/etiquette-police mentality. ;)

No comments: