Thursday, September 17, 2009

Right Brain/ Left Brain

Hello there! It's been a while since I posted anything here. Doing so many things. And isn't the time going fast, fast, fast!!!

I just got a "news flash" from the Spirit. The Lord wants both our brain halves to work together! I realize I bounce back and forth from right (more global, creative, associative) to left (more linear, logical and verbal) parts of my brain. Some activities like music and driving are inherently right and left brain activities, but when I get into art or photography, I tend to be so much less verbal. This translates into "no blogging". But check out this Scripture:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. " James 1:5-8

Maybe this seems irrelevant to you, or not related. But to me it says: "Your brain halves are competing with each other, not cooperating. If you want to get the things accomplished you know have been given to you to do, ask the Lord for wisdom. Don't let your right brain tell you that your left brain isn't worth using! Or vice versa! This is simply unbelief, that's all."

This is a little bit different take on these verses, but I think it's applicable:

"Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you." 2 Corinthians 13:11

So, I intend to take authority over these contending brain functions of mine, and now I have some scriptural ammunition! Hope this helps you.

1 comment:

prophecyfire/ D. gansmann said...

oh zoe i like this creative stuff ive been getting the same by the spirit i think people thinking ive lost it....creative beautiful stuff from the spirit of God....yes