Tuesday, April 21, 2009

An Unhappy Surprise

I made a discovery today, and it wasn't a pleasant one. ;( I usually post the entries of this blog from Internet Explorer, and had formatted all these blog pages from there as well. Today I opened it with Firefox and everything looks totally off! Yuck!!

I recently opened a gmail account to use as an address with this blog, to keep my other address personal. I also got Firefox installed so I could use an application a friend needed as I helped her with some design work. I don't generally use Firefox, as I don't like how things look and work on the web as I use it. I've been using Explorer for so long, I'm used to it. I do really like a Firefox plug-in I have which is colorful tabs. It is very helpful, and I wish I could have that on Explorer.

So now I'm in a quandary. I don't think I can make my pages look good in both formats, so I'm letting you know that if it looks bad in Firefox, maybe try it in Explorer. I guess that's a bummer for Firefox users. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. In the mean time, I'll explore some alternatives for fixing my looks so they work for everyone. I guess that's what happens when you try to "push the envelope". I just don't want to look like every other blog. Is that a hopeless goal? I certainly hope not. Please leave me a comment if my pages look messed up to you. Thanks so much for your feedback.

No comments: